Monday, October 5, 2015

Never too Old

Hello,
Too bad it is not a Thursday because these readings threw me back to my childhood. But the thing is that I still enjoy children stories to this current day. So, in the reading Three Ways of Writing for Children by C.S. Lewis the line that stated, "I am almost inclined to set up a canon that a children's story which is enjoyed only by children is a bad story" I really enjoyed. A children's book that grabs an audience's attention no matter their age is a great book. My favorite children's book is the Giving Tree. It has such a deeper meaning than kids understand. Therefore, it catches every audiences attention. When an adult reads that book it hits them hard and the many emotions that come up. Dr. Seuss is also a huge inspiration to me and I loved reading his stories. Everything is so applicable to every age group it is read by.

Don't cry because it is over. Smile because it happened.
-Dr. Seuss

That quote is so life applicable because of the transitioning and different stages of life, but it originated from a children's book. That is why I am a huge children's book reader.  A good book is for any age.

No comments:

Post a Comment