Tuesday, October 13, 2015

What Affects You?

     As you’re sitting there, reading this, you have thoughts running
through your mind. Maybe about what I am writing, or just random
thoughts. Give it a couple seconds or a minute and you’re probably
thinking about something else. Thoughts overflow you’re mind. However,
something that overflows my mind is music, sounds, beats, or lyrics.
When you lay in a room, alone, you are probably going through thoughts
in your head. If I am in a room, alone, I am probably singing in my
head. Looking for something to do? I would choose listening to music.
During homework, music is a necessity. Sounds crazy, but wouldn’t it be
nice to major in listening to music? Something that I find fascinating
about music is that not one person has the same taste of music as the
next person. It’s almost like a finger print. Agree to disagree? Find
someone with the same exact taste of music as you in EVERY way. I think
music is so important in our culture today. Music can be such an amazing
thing; but it can also have a negative influence. I’m writing about
music not because it’s something I enjoy, but because it’s what I love
to use as worship to our Creator. “Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let
us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation” (Psalm 95:1)!
We’re presented with different ways to worship and praise the Lord.
However, the art of worship that connects to me most is music. Music can
create this image in your head. Everyone creates in their head a
different image though. How amazing. With saying all that, I want to
encourage and urge you to guide the music you listen to or even create
to be glorifying to the Lord. Outside of music, make sure the things
that affects you most, are what glorifies God as well. Take what affects you the most and create yourself an image that gives glory to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment