Sunday, October 11, 2015

Creativity is Key

I kind of foreshadowed this in my post on Tuesday class, but I think this quote goes better with what (I got from Thursday’s class).

“The creative adult is the child who survived” -Ursula K. Le Guin

I would have to say this quote goes perfectly with the clip ‘Duel’ we watched, and I just wanted to talk about it a little more because there were some interesting points made about it in class. I absolutely loved it because I was a kid who hated reading with a passion. I could really related to the feeling of going along in the system and being spit out at the other end just like everyone else because when I was younger I wanted to go to college, but the thing is I didn’t even know why. And I remember in high school when everyone was trying to figure out what to do next with their life, never once did I think to myself I want to be a doctor or accountant. I knew I wanted to do something creative, but I had this internal struggle thinking that I would “be wasting my potential.” Then, I thought screw what society thinks I going to do what I want to do. So, I think if I saw this when I was younger I would have realized sooner that, I don’t have to follow the same path as everyone else.

1 comment: