Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Captain Von Hook

Over the past year I was in two large productions. One being The Sound of Music, in which I played Captain Von Trapp and the other being a non-musical version of Peter Pan & Wendy. In Pan, I was Hook. Because of Sound of Music every now and then a younger kid would come up to me and would say hello or something of the sort. Because of Pan, I got the chance to entertain the kids by having events were I would dress in costume and stay in character and it was great fun.

This is me in costume and my family. I look like I skinned a black poodle and wore it.


Basically, what I'm trying to say is that while I'd like to make what could one day be described as "serious" films, I think through that experience I realized that maybe serious films aren't all that matters. Entertaining the little masses could be just as fun, and possibly more rewarding. I think the weariness came from a place where I would look at kids films and I would see things like "Russelmania" (Air Bud but smaller and MMA fighting) and I didn't want to get involved. What I wasn't seeing as kids entertainment was things like "Inside Out" which when I saw it nearly brought me to tears and for that reason I didn't think it belonged in the kids category. How stupid of me. Maybe kids entertainment is all that's really worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment