Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Good Bye

HI GUYS!
BYE GUYS!
This is my twentieth and last blog post. So I am going to try to come up with two hundred and fifty words about this class as a whole.
As a whole, I loved this class! This has been very important to and I have learned a whole lot more than I thought I would! I learned three things in particular that really surprised me.

1) I love documentary work. I thought I hated it because I thought all documentaries were like the History channel or Unwrapped from Food Network. Or idiots on the Animal Planet who risk their lives for some footage of a tiger eating a gazelle. What I've learned is that documentary work is just telling really, natural, raw stories. I love it.

2) I love music videos. I do not know if i would ever want to work with music videos or not but I have found that they are extremely fascinating and I love watching the correlation between the music and the video.

3) This one is the most important to me. I've grown Spiritually through this class. When my mother and I were ordering books for this semester and we started looking up Professor Leeper's books, my mother was not happy with "The Gospel as comedy, tragedy, and fairy tale." I remember my mother saying something like 'That's blasphemous. The Gospel is not comedic and it is most definitely not a fairy tale!' She then proceeded to lecture me for probably an hour about how I have to be discerning and i can't believe everything that every professor teaches. And I believe I have been discerning this semester, and what I've found is that Professor Leeper is right. The Gospel is more than i had ever realized before, and my church is not right about everything, and i doubt that any church on earth is or ever will be.

Thank you to those of you who have suffered through any of my blogs!
Bye guys!

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what my mom said about that book! I'm glad you enjoyed the class, I know I did.

    ReplyDelete