Thursday, September 24, 2015

Inexpressible feeling

So in in someones blogpost, I believe it was Alana's, she talked about wanting to remember a feeling she had from an old scene in a Tv show. She couldn't remember it and it made her distraught. She also mentioned that because of these feelings we create art.
I really loved that and felt a lot of connection to it.

There have been many rare moments in my life where I get these feelings I can't explain and after a long time of trying to hold onto them, I decided to write them down. So I have this little "Thought book" or whatever you want to call it, where I jot things down that I love, hate, or felt moments of inexpressible feeling. This ranges from, smell, sound, pictures of random things that appeal to me, certain pages of books or quotes and much more.

All these little things in life, to me, are what fuel creativity and art. I find myself wanting to recreate that smell of perfume that I love (which makes me think of something but I just don't know what!?) through photographs or film. How I will capture the smell on film, I don't know, but I know I want to. I know that I need to.
I write things down to help me remember what I don't remember. I have this hope that if I feel some type of way again, I can whip out the book and know why. Sure I won't know what I am feeling, but at least I'll know why. And I'll know that it is satisfying in the most unsatisfying way, and I'll try so hard to recreate the feelings I can't explain.
Perhaps, like always, I will never feel the same way about something again. But its beautiful to know that it did, at one time, make me feel something. And that at one time, I was moved by awe and wonder over it.
In my childhood there were many moments where I remember loving something, and then when I came back to it later, not remember why; or I knew why but it didn't feel the same. I used to look drastically for old toys and books that I used to read at the Library, JUST to get those feelings back. And the most disappointing thing was when I finally obtained it, and it no longer had the magic.
Maybe thats why God calls us to be like the child. The magic never ends, the beauty never stops, and the inexpressible feelings never go away.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this. The nostalgia of those old books, and the memories(weather vivid, or or vague) attached them are strong. I think those old feelings come from the questions we once had. You know, all the animals that we've ever taught to communicate with us like signing apes and such, have never asked us a question. If questions stem from curiosity and children seem to have an abundance of curiosity, than no wonder everything seem magical back than.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete