Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Observe and Learn

"Further more, humans who are made in the image of the Creator inevitably reflects him. I know that I will have a major dissent here, but every work of art reflects both the artist and the artist's Creator."

Donald Hudson said that art reflects the artist. Creation, which is Gods artistry, reflects the other side God that we don't really get to see in the bible, and stands as another way for us to get to know his character. I truly agree that to know God we must look to the bible AND to his handy work.

Often I go walk or sit somewhere by myself just to be there in Gods extravagant paintings and soak it in. Its nourishment for my mind and soul, it connects me with my author and it aids me in finding a better understanding of Him. Its so extraordinary and beautiful, and it makes you feel so small and so insignificant, yet at the same time so important because it reminds us that we too are creations of God, and we too are beautiful. When God finished constructing Creation He said that it was good. When God finished forming man he said that it was 'very' good.  To deny art, or to deny it in Gods names is denying your existence.

The whole of Earth and the beings that dwell upon it are products of Gods artistry, and if you ask me, He did a damn well job.





No comments:

Post a Comment