Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Destroy yourself before you can, be Yourself

What up guys its Kendall

Do this, look in a mirror ask yourself is this person in the mirror really me? Is this person that who I want to be? You already know my darkest secret I thought of committing suicide but through my teacher killing herself at my school made me see it was not the right path.

Though you do not know why? Psalms 139:14-16 "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for 
me, when as yet there was none of them." we are wonderfully made, but why do we hide who we really are? Why do we not embrace our true nature? 

I know because we are afraid of what other might say, of what others will do, and that we will not be accepted. I was mocked, ridiculed, and harassed by my peers because I did the most random stuff. However, I was being myself doing the dumbest things, being random, and trying to make people laugh, accept people didn't really respond with laughs they responded with a description by calling me names and stuff. 

Though let's get to the main point, I wasn't being myself in how much their words meant to me and how much these things said about me bothered me. I took a road of being the tuff guy who didn't care what people said, but it did I wore my heart on sleeve. I wasn't telling people how I really felt and it only caused me more pain and heartache. 

Being yourself does not only mean acting how you would usually feel in a time of happiness but also in a time of hardship and misery. We are lied to that we need to be strong in a time of pain but no in the bible it says in John 11:35 "Jesus wept." If God the all powerful, all might, and on high can cry I bet you can cry too. 

So why don't we, why do we think being weak will not be accepted? God wept and he was accepted by many, so why doesn't man follow Gods example in being able to show we are not invincible but in truth we are beautiful in when we fall apart and allow a true bond to be formed for a community. 

That's all I got to say have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment